29 March 2014

Work - HD & Hallå!

When you work at an advertising agency your work often varies a lot. Especially if you work at a small one. In my last workplace I didn't have that many opportunities to do photo-shoots outside my graphic designing. But at my new workplace, where we are 8 people, I'm being trusted with more and more shoots which is great fun.
Helsingborgs Dagblad is one of our clients and the 4 adds above are for their launch of a new, updated newspaper. My boss showed me the sketches for the ideas and told my that I could decide if I was up for it or if I wanted to pass it on to another photographer. Of course I was up for it.

Below are some really colorful adds for HDs local paper "Hallå!". The small object symbolizes how much they write about foreign matters and the large object symbolizes how much they write about local news. The photos look crazy colorful on the screen… haha, I can hardly tell you just how dull and grey they get once they're printed on standard newspaper-paper.

Doing the shoots is the fun bit. But seeing them in the paper is no huh-haa. When starting out with creativity you often dream of seeing your stuff in a magazine or what now. But every time I've been published I find myself feeling nothing special. I think having your work framed on someones wall is way cooler. Newspapers come and go like toiletpaper really :)  However, I'm not being ungrateful. Just saying that it's not the wow you picture in your head.




5 comments:

  1. THAT'S SOOO AWESOME!!!!! HIHIIIIIII, I WISH I LIVED IN SWEDEN SO HAT I COULD GET MYSELF A COPY OF THAT NEWSPAPER! I'LL TELL MOM TO DO IT FOR ME :D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAHYEAHEYAH!!! Så kule og så bra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your job seems awesome. I'm jealous

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so wonderful. I love the strong colours, to bad it was not like that in the paper!

    ReplyDelete