16 February 2014

Baking Cats

Illustration on Society6

I've had this sketch of the two baker cats for a while now.
I looked through my sketchbook during my no-ideas-phase and thought I'd give this old idea a go.
Below on the right side is the first sketch. The first one is always really important to follow, since the lines are so free and doodly. I often have trouble to take a sketch to the next level because I make everything too strict. So many times I have to scan my wobbly sketch and follow that into the real illustration.



5 comments:

  1. Ulicam, j'aime ta sensibilité à fleur de peau !
    Tes illustrations sont belles et poétiques.
    Le chat qui offre du fromage aux petites souris...hi hi hi !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hih, yes - the idea of a cat feeding mice luxurious cheese was the base of the illustration :)

      Delete
  2. Love this! Ahh!
    I totally know what you mean with the first loose sketch. Sometimes you get things just perfect when they are loose and and then it's hard to get them right the second time around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! Because when you sketch you don't overthink things… but when your doing the real thing you're overthinking every line :)

      Delete