18 April 2013

Who lives here?



"Pretty House" in my shop

This illustration has been traveling with me for 2 weeks now, always in my bag but I never found time to finish it. The longer it's with me the more unsure I am of when it's actually finished. I know my boyfriend has this problem. He doesn't know when to stop drawing on his pictures. When do you know that it's actually done?
Hm, we've decided that we just have to say STOP and then that's that :)

You've been leaving such nice comments lately. I especially liked this anonymous one:

I really love your...I don't know, style? Your drawings are so beautiful and whimsical. When I go onto your blog it always feels like fall or winter. Like roasting marshmallows over a fire. What would you say is your inspiration for your artwork? (Both Photography and Drawing)

I love the feeling that my blog would give the sensation of roasting marshmallows over a fire :)
As for inspiration, I usually answer the forest and fairytales. But I don't actually read that much tales. Often I just see things around me that I write down in a book. After a while I put all those things together that I have taken a liking to and consider if they could become an illustration or photo. If you look through my pinterest it becomes quite clear what inspires me :)

12 comments:

  1. bjewtifuuuuuullll!!
    and yes, your blog is very awesome :) thank you for sharing your work with us mortals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to live in that whimsical house

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the texture of the trees and
    how it blends into the grass. So lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in highschool, and I always get so worried about the future, but when i look at your blog and the things you do, it makes me think that maybe someday I'll be able to do the things that I love too. I've always wanted to be an artist. Thank you so much for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ow, I'm just happy that I CAN inspire people :) But you know, no one worries more than me. I worry just about EVERYTHING. I just hope that with age I won't take things so seriously and I'll be this calm little old lady :)

      Delete
  5. It's true, one of the hardest and most important part of drawing is knowing when to stop :)
    I love this house, and wondering who lives inside !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I love the smoke escapes from the chimney. It seems to know where it wants to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, yes it's one of those determined smokes :)

      Delete
  7. Oh I love your illustrations so much. They are so whimsical and dream like. I wish I could step right into their stories, some days. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too you know, I draw a world I wished I lived in :)

      Delete