04 April 2013

Öland

 This was the source of warmth! Since this is mostly a summerhouse we had to keep an eye on the fire non stop. After a walk outside in the cold windy landscape it was so nice to drag a chair in front of the fireplace and feel your cheeks coming back to life.

Old skates on the wall. So lovely. Strange how the design of skates is so boring today. With all the retro-mania I think skates with an old design, in brown leather, would sell like crazy!

 Here's the house! I love blue doors on red houses :)
It was grey and cold outside, just the way I like it. Compared to other people, I can actually get in a rather bad mood if the sun is shiny really bright with no clouds in the sky.

 Mira practicing braiding with my hair. I tried teaching her everyone I knew but I know that I takes a lot of practicing and patients before you can get it right and be able to do it yourself on your own hair. I'm so used to braiding my own hair that I sometimes find it difficult to make some braids on others. Especially the tiara-braid.

You should have seen my face when I found these on the fridge!! These are swedish stamps from 2005. You see... since I post A LOT of letters during my calendar selling period I'm always looking for really nice cosy stamps with animals. However, although Sweden has been really good at producing stamps with animal pictures - during the recent years they have become terrible at it. Furious, I went to the library and looked through stamp-lexikons (nerd-Uli alert) to see how stamps have looked through times in scandinavia and other parts of the world. Sweden has had SO many adorable animal stamps. But now, when I'm sending more packages than ever, I can only get crap-stamps. Oh the irony.

My gift to the children. I forced Mira and Matiss to put down their technology and paint some animals :)

12 comments:

  1. I have new brown leather rollerskates and you're right - it's almost impossible to find any interesting design. I searched the whole internet to find them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy! As if people only liked new boring sport-design. They don't! And I hope things will turn more and more towards our old designs :)

      Delete
  2. Vackra Bilder, jag vet inte hur jag hittade hit här men; en hälsning från Öland :)
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vilken fantastisk present! Målarfärg och träfigurer, det passar ju nästan alla barn. Får jag undra vad du fått de ifrån?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hej hej, träfigurerna hittade jag på tiger, likaså de metalliska färgerna (färgerna som följde med djuren var rätt tradiga). Sedan paketerade jag om de i en skoask med hö. På panduro finns också pappdjur (inte trä) som man kan måla. De har dock lite tråkigare former :)

      Delete
  4. Ah love it. So jealous, I went to Öland probably around 12 years ago and would love to go back but still haven't...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I decide to keep my hair bobbed – and then I come to Ulicam and it's all out the window and I need a tiara braid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, everything is more fun with a braid :)

      Delete
    2. Your hair always looks so lovely. Would you be able to post a tutorial for the tiara braid?

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful and magical place Öland is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The main difference was that the paleo plan or not.

    Anovulation and infertility, are also added problems to PCOS and insulin
    resistance as insulin affects overall hormonal balance and particularly sex hormones through Sex Hormone Binding Globulin SHBG
    down-regulation.

    Check out my web page ... paleo diet 101

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's very important to a site's well being when it comes to site optimization.
    So, when they find something related to your products
    or services you can skip gathering market research information for them, without establishing how they get back links to
    your site. Asked about Wie's troubles, Profit said:" No, I didn't care
    about that.

    Feel free to surf to my site - tulsa search engine optimization

    ReplyDelete