27 January 2013

The happy village


I start working in 5 weeks and I figured I would use that time to practice coloring on the computer. I found this old sketch on the blog and thought it would be a good start. Heh... didn't really think that it would take as long as it did... but the more I do it the quicker I'll get I guess.
I wanted to make a picture without outlines, since I so seldom do.
In the beginning of autumn I got my first illustration freelance job, which was to do 4 illustrations for Björnekullas homepage. Björnekulla is a company that makes jam and I sort of got the job by accident during my last day of the internship at the ad agency in Malmö. Although I've never really drawn on the computer I decided to do the illustrations in PS... but it turned out ok.

Anywhoooo... as most my drawings, I've added this to the shop too, thought it would be fun as a t-shirt maybe? Or as a pillow for a kids room. I decided to make the t-shirt version in black and white, it looked to kindergardeny otherwise :)


19 comments:

  1. Utrolig fint! Jeg kunne godt tenkt meg den som pute! Du får til alt du prøver på, ser det ut som!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Så himla himla fint! Älskar girafferna och det lilla mumin-inspirerade tornet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack :) Jag var lite rädd att mina följare skulle tänka "vad fan är det här" och var är de gamla vanliga svartvita illustrationerna?

      Delete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE THE CUSHION..NEED IT NOW....WON'T BE ABLE TO LIVE WITHOUT IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just out of curiosity: how large is the original drawing? How much room do you need to get in all the detail?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, the original is an A4 (30x21 cm) but I scanned it to 200% of it's original size. The main drawing is a little fuzzy and diffly when you zoom into the details.

      Delete
  5. Ulrika, I'm so happy for you! And you are really good with colours as well. I think, this drawing would be nice as a carpets. Or curtains. Or bed clothes. Or anything else :)
    You go, girl!
    Wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ÄLSKAR kudden!!! Skitfint :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The way you put colors made it become even more beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jättefin bild! Blev grymt snyggt som kudde.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your work , the colours you used are so pretty, I wish my work turned out this good when I tried to paint using Photoshop haha
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hei! Kjempefin illustrasjon! Det ser ut som du har brukt fargeblyanter også, har du det? Tegner du på det til slutt, eller gjør du det undeveis? Skulle gjerne likt å sett hvordan du går fram, for det ble et fint og delikat resultat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jag gillar det här! Känns som en bra blandning av ursvenskt och tropiskt. Får också Emil-vibbar och förväntar mig hela tiden att en dörr ska öppnas med ett vrål och att något av boskapen ska smita upp på taket.
    Fyren och det lilla huset med kaxigt välvt tak längst ner är underbara detaljer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that I've just devoted six hours on your website reading your posts, I'm abѕοlutely hοoked
    on your blog. I boоkmaгked іt аs ωell so that I can keер up wіth it on a regular basis.
    Checκ out my own personal blog if уou have the opportunity and gіve
    me suggеstiоns..

    Look at mу ѕite 54674

    ReplyDelete