06 December 2012

Old Sock Lana Del Rey Curls

What does your old socks have in common with Lana Del Reys fabulous hair?
It's not that they're both smelly. Because I doubt that that's true. (but what the heck do I know)
My mum is named Lana too and she doesn't smell at all. (fact)
It's actually that socks make great curls that have that Lana-Del-Rey size. When I use a curling iron the curls often get very small and if I just put my hair up in one bun the waves don't stay very long. Socks are great because the have a good thickness to them, which gives larger curls than if you just roll your hair up in fabric straps.
I rolled up my hair in 5 socks for this effect. I didn't make a proper tutorial, but there are some high-voice girl on youtube that did.

So, get your socks out and put that lipstick on!

And yes, before I forget (nag nag nag), Society6 has free shipping until sunday, but you have to go through THIS link to receive it (Offer excludes Framed Art Prints, Stretched Canvases and Throw Pillows with insert)


  1. The result looks nice. Her curls are always smooth, just like yours!

  2. Are you wearing that cashmere sweater you had in your wishlist post? is it as wonderful as i imagine it would be? Im so envious of your hair, its so thick and shiny and looks great in braids and curls :)

    1. Thank you Inane :) Noo.. it's not the cashmere sweater I had on my wishlist...however... a little birdy has told me that I might get one from my sister this christmas :) But the sweater I'm wearing is supercosy as well, it's an angora blend.

  3. You made me think of Veronica Lake!


  4. Wow that is cheap and clever solution to the problem! Thanks for teh tips.

  5. Heya i'm for the first time here. I found this board and I to find It really helpful & it helped me out much. I am hoping to offer something again and help others like you aided me.
    My homepage hacks