08 December 2012

Muminhuset i snö / Moominhouse in snow

Yesterday it was just around 0° so I decided that it was time for this years first snow sculpture. I made a long (alarmingly penis-looking) snowbase and then started to cut out the shape with a big kitchen-knife. I made it very straight. But when the night came... it got less straight.


As you can see, it looked more like the leaning tower of Pisa the next day. But it hasn't given in yet.
While building mini-Lollo came and visited me. Mini-Lollo is a neighbors cat that looks like Lollo but is half his size. Mini-Lollo really liked the front porch and quickly decided to live there. After a while he got a little too comfortable and pretty much wrecked the whole thing so I had to re-build it. When I went inside to get my camera, mini-Lollo sneaked into the house and then suddenly big-Lollo was standing face to face with mini-Lollo and big-Lollo was not liking it AT ALL. Mini-Lollo was chased away. (I would however like to comment that mini-Lollo is out walking in the snow all day while my big-Lollo is scared of the snow and refuses to go outside which has put him in a rather deep winter depression)



It's going to be pretty bad snow building weather from now on (a.k.a really cold) but I hope we'll get a little warmer day so I can make a few moomins as well.

P.S Don't forget the free shipping link, it 's the last one this year!

28 comments:

  1. Wow Ulrika! Du kanske borde anmäla dig till en snöskulpturstävling?
    PS. Jag sa ju att stor-lollo inte skulle gilla lill-lollo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja du sa det ja! Lill-Lollo är för övrigt jävligt kaxig. Men stor-Lollo gav honom stryk idag också!

      Delete
  2. This is so lovely! I wish there was snow where I live...

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's so awesome!!! I'm not used to snow, I've only been in real snow once, and not even as much as in Sweden. I never knew people built more than just snow men (with the exception of the kid from Where The Wild Things Are)...I'm just marveled by it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's strange actually that snowmen are the most usual thing to build...hehe... people have so little imagination, they just build themselves. Animals and other things are more fun I think :)

      Delete
  4. amazing. i love the photo of mini-Lollo on the porch :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Big Lollo is afraid of the snow because he has psychological damage from his first winter in Sweden, when I had just brought him u from Italy when we threw him into one meter deep snow from the house and he completely panicked he hated us fro three days after that...do u remember?? Didn't we make a video or some photos btw???? The house..once again...I've said it a million times....is AMAZING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo vi filmade hans misär-upplevelse. Fast grejen är att han varit ute i snön lite förra året. Men inte så mycket nä... men jag kan inte minnas att han skulle blivit så deppad som han är nu. Jaja, han kommer kanske ur det snart :)

      Delete
  6. ÅH HERREGUD VAD HÄFTIGT. nu blir jag också sugen på att snöskulptera.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderfull!I love the magic from the moomin house.you did that so well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for all your lovely comments! The house has been re-built a bit and does no longer look like the leaning tower of pisa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. how beautiful! we haven't had any snow yet

    www.downtownwolf.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful!!
    I love moomin
    and this house
    wauw....

    would make a perfect
    christmas-card

    love
    Patrice A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. funny story of the two lollos :)
    & nice snow moominhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  12. nä fy vilken fin idé! riktigt fint blev det också! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastisk, og så en god kattehistorie på kjøpet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Det här är det mest magnifika jag sett på år och dag. Ett bra tag nu har jag inspirerats och tappat andan av din fotokonst men detta tar priset. Hu så vansinnigt helt underbart upphöjt till ett dussin!

    ReplyDelete