11 December 2012

Fox on Fishing-boat

For sale on Society6

This was actually an ordered illustration, but I haven't heard back from the buyer so I give myself permission to post the illustration :)
Update: The buyer didn't want the illustration so the original drawing (paper size 24x24 cm and illustrated area 19x19 cm) is for sale. Contact me on ulrikakestere@gmail.com if you're interested.

It's about taking care of who you love (giving your dachshund a bath) and craving what you can't reach (kitten on pole).
This time I thought I would show a little of my sketching process and my inspiration-images. I've always LOVED these old tiny fishing-boats, especially when they're used up and just laying on the shore side. When I lived in Norway I had one of my exhibitions glued up on an old fishing boat. It was blown away by a storm the next day.


It often takes me a week or two to decide what things I want to include in my illustrations. During the process some things always disappear whilst others just appear while drawing the last version.


14 comments:

  1. Me too, ure awesome! u should really try to do a childrens book (for adults also;D) and just send it trough some publishers maybe it would go trough

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, an illustration! the cat is my favourite part. thanks for showing your process too, that's always interesting. very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hej, Nice to see that you have your own style. The way you draw, the photo's you make. Not easily to be mistaken for someone else's work. Ik think your drawing is very much suited for etchings. Have you ever tried that? Have a good day! Maaike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you sold it yet? I cannot for the life of me understand why the buyer suddenly changed his mind..."MAH!!??" ( as we say in italy). Uzraksti man email ja veel nay paardots un cik tu gribi par vinju! krams <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was just having a very stupid day so far. you just made it a little better. thank you for that (and for always sharing your great work which is very inspiring for me)!

    p.s.: your calender just arrived at my boyfriends place. i looooove it and promise to take some pictures of it in my new flat for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Viola :) And I would love to see photos of it in your new flat!

      Delete
  6. antar jag rätt när jag antar att köparen hette Hanna Lagerberg? :) haha knäppt att beställa något och sen säga att man inte är intresserad. Den var superfin iaf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my favourite of your illustrations that I've seen so far. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Thank you, it's really grown on me too :) Ever since I lived in norway I've had a thing for fishingboats.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful illustration, such a peaceful feeling about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love seeing your process. i don't comment much because i search mainly on my phone and blogspot is not mobile friendly for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing. i must say that you really did a great job. i visited your blog for the first time and this post makes me to visit your blog again and again. i appreciate your work.
    Yacht Charter Dubai

    ReplyDelete