07 December 2012

Bunny and Dwarf Hen



Some of you wonder what my tricks are when I photograph animals. Honestly, I don't have that many. Number one is simply to shoot until the animals get bored. That's when they stop wobbling around and just stare. Be patient and be friendly with the creatures, if you handle them fiercely and annoyed they're only going to get more stressed.
When it comes to cats, it not as easy. I find yoghurt to be the solution most times. When I photograph Lollo I always have a small plate with yoghurt. I put this in the place I want him to be and let him taste a little of it. Then I take the plate away and hold it in the direction I want Lollo to look. When his concentration breaks I give him the plate again and then repeat the procedure. Sometimes a string works just as good, but then the cat has to be in a playful mood.

Free shipping in my shop thru sunday if you go through THIS link

11 comments:

  1. Aliiiice, Aliiiice in wonderland with all her animal friends =D!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vilka fina djur! Själv får man kämpa att hålla hunden vaken för att hinna fota honom. Älskar både dina foton och illustrationer! Har två av dina hästar på väggen i sovrummet som jag tittar på varje kväll innan jag ska somna. :) Om du vill titta så har jag länk till inlägget med dina foton : http://fargstarkt.com/?p=754

    Ha d bra!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gaah så fint sovrum! Å vilken ära att få vara en del av det :) Tack Anna för länken!

      Delete
  3. So cute! The first photo has a mystical quality to it, it's almost as if the hen is reading the bunny's fortune.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Hen is more screaming out her misery, she was quite the complainer ;)

      Delete
  4. I do so love your pictures. They have an other world quality to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to say, we have three bantam hens with feathery legs. They are lovely to have around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feathery legged hens are so funny, the look like they're wearing 70's jeans!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful tones and colours in these photos. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete