19 September 2012

Ull kastrull




Ull kastrull is what I'm called sometimes. It means something like... wool sauce pan... or maybe wool cauldron. Because my name is Ulrika but I'm called Uli or Ullis och Ull or Bull or Kastrull. Sometimes Ull Boll (wool ball). Mostly because I'm crazy for wool, angora, cashmere and merino.
Our cat Louis is called Lollo but recently I've called him Lull Kastrull or Lille Kastrullen (little sauce pan). My sister who bought him in Italy named him after a fashionlabel. But now when he lives with me... I'll call him little sauce pan.

I'm so happy that I've fixed the last bits of my official homepage. Take a peak at it if you haven't already!

On the top photo are the pinecones we observed in the forest when we wanted to figure out what part the squirrel ate. I think they're quite beautiful half eaten. On the second photo are some gifts I really like, a silver rabbit necklace and silver pinecone earrings from Robert (he really knows what to give me). Vintage photo from Mina. Latvian coin with hedgehog from dad. Latvian silver ring from my godfather.
On the third are some things from Latvia. A knitted fox in a national costume that I bought this summer. Amber pieces from my granma. Old dog toy from my childhood. Little ocarina-like clay thingy.

I'm glad you liked the animal pictures from Italy! Always fun when I find pictures I've forgot I've taken.

Oh, and I pretty much forgot about the literature self-portrait, you too? 12 more days, I hope there will be some participants for this one as well!

22 comments:

  1. Pinecones used to make me so happy as a kid!

    I'm not following you, would be lovely to have a follow back :)

    www.downtownwolf.blogspot.com

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting story behind your name and I like how you called Lollo as a little sauce pan haha.

    And I love how you combine each of these interesting objects along with your self portrait. It fits so great together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fransisca, fun that you appreciate the photo combination :)

      Delete
  3. Är det okej om man är två på fotot, så att det blir som ett dubbel självporträtt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely name story :)
    your website has a nice clear layout!
    & very nice small treasures you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny story behing your cat's name. Those pinecones are beautiful. I like this collage, my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The site is simple and clear. Best thing is your amazing photographs. Nice to see so many in one place. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely little treasures, Uli <3 The site looks great. I've had this question since I looked through your illustration tag... what does Korpus mean? Is it a little made-up word for your character just like Moumin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a made up little name... it works fine in scandinavia.. but in english I do think it's to similar to "corpse" so that's sort of why I've put the character on the side a bit :)

      Delete
  8. Lovely combination of objects & self portrait ~ do the objects hold any special meaning to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes of course, especially the ones in the middle collection.

      Delete
  9. hahahah....LITTLE SAUCE PAN...I LOVE that...'cause Lollo is kinda becoming exactly that! =D...love from Italy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, hur håller han på att förvandlas till en kastrull?

      Delete
  10. jag ser framfor mig kastruller som valdigt lata o stilla staende :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sånna små man bara tar fram då och då för att koka sylt i

      Delete
    2. Jaaaaa sylt-Lollo :D...hohoooo..har du testat att mata honom med sylt? Han ar ju yoghurt besatt..men sylten???? <3

      Delete
    3. Jo, jag har ätit en den risgrynsgröt med sylt på sistone och då har hans slicka i sig sylt resterna, så visst går det!

      Delete
  11. Vad fin hemsidan blev! vad glad jag blev att du tyckte om det gamla fotot också!
    Puuusss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack tack! Å ja fotot är jättefint!

      Delete
  12. Meitene no LatvijasMay 21, 2013 at 4:56 PM

    Skatos, ka esi no Latvijas. Kāds ir tavs stāsts? Dikti skaists blogs un mākslas darbi.

    ReplyDelete