14 June 2012

Confidence


I was looking surprisingly confident on this picture, so I chose it from the crowd because I though it was a good mental guideline for me. Confidence! Time to find it.
Tomorrow is our exhibition opening (bachelor and master students). I think it will be open for everyone during the weekend, so if you live in Lund you can come by the architects building (A-huset near lth:s kårhus) and have a look!
After the exhibition we'll have a dinner and the theme is headpiece... and since I'm ledning my top hat to my dad I can't decide wether to put a ship, a bird, a fox or origami on my head. I keep changing my mind. We'll see!

My job-hunt is looking very scattered. Some of that and some of this. In february I wrote on ulicam that I would continue on as a freelance photographer... but of course I'm realizing that I should have some back up jobs in the beginning. I was so proud when I made the decision and now I feel like a little chicken taking the easy way around. It's absurd how much a blog can affect you, if you write that you will do something on your blog and you know that hundreds of people read it... you don't want to fail. But actually family is always trickier... I think too much of what my parents think of my choices.

Jajaja... I won't become a hobo, I know that much, I just have to snap out of it as my boyfriend tells me!


11 comments:

  1. Oh go for the ship, definitely! That sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo, went for the origami in the end, it was the easiest :)

      Delete
  2. I don't know if you have heard of Marie Forleo and MarieTV, but you should definitely watch this video... http://marieforleo.com/2012/06/live-your-purpose/#

    It is her interview with Mastin Kipp, the founder of The Daily Love. He has some really cool things to say about going for your dreams, getting through tough times, and communicating honestly with your family about your dreams/lifestyle.

    So yeah, it just sounded like what you are mentioning in this post.
    Anyways, good luck with your exhibition!

    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll sure take a look at that when I get a few minutes over, thank you for the tip :)

      Delete
  3. This is a beautiful portrait, you definitely get a feeling of being you completely comfortable and confidant in yourself ~ its refreshing that a to see a female subject with quite a masculine pose, rather than the typical.

    A ship or fox sounds like fun headpiece to wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you jennifer, the guys in my class actually often say that I behave more like a boy than a girl :)

      Delete
  4. The photo is lovely, and the nervousness is normal! You are clearly a prolific, creative, talented person. Just remember: you can't make a wrong choice!! (and you're DEFINITELY not a chicken ... but you might wear one on your head just to show it who's boss!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm trying to turn around the nervousness to excitement and to really embrace the fact that I'm free to make any chance I want :)

      Delete
  5. I totally know where you are! I found a good balance is a part time job that leaves you a lot of time to do your own thing but at the same time you have a sense of security (and are not walking around hungry).

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Zyzanne, some sense of security is so important in order to feel calm and happy, thank you for the supporting words.

      Delete
  6. wow. you are beautiful.
    definitely keep up the photography.

    ReplyDelete