30 April 2012

Red Squirrel (tiny fox)



Could that be why I love squirrels so much? Because they look like small red foxes?
Nah. I know why I love squirrels. It's because when I see them, almost flying between branches, I feel this powerful feeling of freedom. Being a squirrel seems awesome. You're small, fast, flexible, beautiful and free. I've never caught a red one very close on camera... until YESTERDAY that is! I love the top photo. I hardly had to touch it in photoshop... the colors where already perfect pastel and the fuzziness was just where it should be. And how cute is it that you can actually see her teeny tiny nipples on the second photo where she's all like "what, you looking at me?".
I should bring out the superheavy tele lens more often! I should also start lifting weights with my right arm... since it has gotten to put up with too much weight from the camera during the past week. And now it feels like it's rotting away.

Late last night Lollo knocked on our door again. Thank god! I had already put up notes all over the neighborhood and reported him missing to the police. He just looked at us like what? Have I been gone?

14 comments:

  1. These photos are really cute! I love squirrels too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only saw squirrels when I was in the USA. Weird, huh? So glad Lollo came back. So indecent of him not to notice the worry he caused, humf..

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaaw, happy to read that lollo is back!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear that your cat is back! Beautiful pictures of the squirrels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I'm so glad to hear that Lollo came back! Phew!:) I also recently fell in love with cats, well one cat in particular really(our neighbours's), Jasper! And he's such a free spirit, roaming around the neighbourhood, coming into our place to say hello when he feels like it... but i haven't seen him in a few days and already miss him! :( I should really get my own, but it's this free-spiritedness that i love about cats, that also makes me so worried to get one, because i'm not sure whether i can take the worry when they go missing!! Any advise??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All cats are very different! The best is to get a pure-breed... they are often more loyal to their homes and owners. Lollo is a farm cat, but my sister has a pure breed Maine Coon and it's such a big difference! There are a number of breeds that are extra cuddly and loyal to their owners, take a look at them :)

      Delete
  6. I think many people would like to have a squirrel as a pet (Erika in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!), but at the same time we understand that squirrels can't live in cages. So I think that cats and squirrels are family to each other, welcome back Lollo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you see things like the expression of the squirrel and their teeny tiny nipples. So sweet. A mama squirrel. Your squirrels have the adorable tufts jetting out of their ears; that is another cuteness factor about them. Ours are fat, grey and tuftless for the most part. There are as many of them in the yard as there are birds it seems. Lots.

    So happy kitty came home; as soon as you post the pics, they appear again. Happy from their travels, too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. these pictures are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooohh...sotaste ekorren EVER...jag dig nar jag sag fotona....hade ingen aning om att DU lyckats ta dem....var da nanstans??? LOVE THEM nutte nutt ekorre!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Det var i Botan, det bor en liten ekorre precis under tallen vid ingången...super duper söt :)

      Delete
  10. I agree with the first picture!

    ReplyDelete