18 April 2012

Italy, day one


Hello, I thought I would give you a little more documentary view of my days in Italy. I hope that's all right! I have a few more proper shoots in mind too, but I want to show the feel of Potenza as well. At the beginning of the day we went to the stables where my sister has her two horses. More pictures of them will come.


In the stables, this isn't one of her horses. But it was so beautiful with the smoke :) Unfortunately we couldn't ride today because the ground was too muddy so the horses could get stuck and hurt their wrists.


We went to visit the sheep and Tess dog Lapo got super exited.


The sheep didn't find Lapo so interesting however so they ran away.


At the market I was super lucky to find my favorite beans. Called pig beans in Latvian and Farmer beans in swedish.

15 comments:

  1. You're such a fabulous photographer..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Uli, I'm glad you were so successful (at least I think you were, haha) with your final project. Potenza looks absolutely beautiful. Enjoy your stay in Italy, I can't wait to see what other photos you'll take. -Aleksandra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a beautiful environment to ride in! Gah, I miss riding so much. :/ Love the pic with the horse and farrier and the one with Terēze and the pup.

    Enjoy your time there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,
    I just wanted to tell you that your photographs are beautiful and you've got a great natural way to capture scenes, and it's so much fun to read your stories around your photos and I simply enjoy all of your blog, so keep going! I wish you all of the best for your career and life and photography... and a great time in Italy :)
    Love from Germany,
    Jule

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jule for the nice words :) I'm so happy that you like the way I capture the life around me and that you appreciate the little stories behind them too.
      Thank you :)

      Delete
  5. Uli, how lovely. The picture of your sister captures the joy and style so perfectly. I love the red chair in the horse picture. What was the smoke from? I don't believe I'm familiar with this from our farrier practices. Hoping you get to ride today. You will be sore; it's good exercise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, they were doing something to the horses shoes with that smokey thing. But no, I didn't get to ride today :( :( :(

      Delete
  6. Alltså den andra bilden ser helt iscensatt och fasansfullt makalös ut!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do speak Latvian or Swedish with your sister? :) And yes, your photos are really great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swedish, as do I with my parents. I'm way too slow when speaking latvian, unfortunately :(

      Delete
  8. Wow, the pictures are really beautiful and so special !!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete