11 March 2012

Movies for dreamers









Movie stills, from the top 
Hugo (2011)
Tuck Everlasting (2002)
Pan's Labyrinth (2006)
A Little Princess (1995)
The Golden Compass (2007)
Marie Antoinette (2006)
The Secret of Moonacre (2008)
Peter Pan (2003)

I wonder what it feels like. When you've never ever seen a movie. And then one day you see one. In my new favorite movie HUGO it's just like that. She's read books all her life but she's never seen a movie. Imagine if someone from the 30's saw a movie from 2012? That would have been a crazy experience. I love that I'm still fascinated by movies. I don't take the dreamworld that the people involved create for granted. I can imagine that it's rather fun building sets for movies like Pan's Labyrinth, Peter Pan and Marie Antoinette.
I've never been able to see horror or splatter movies, not understanding how you could feel entertained by watching something terrible. 

9 comments:

  1. i LOVE all of those movies except tuck everlasting and the secret of moonacre. Looks like i need to rent those!
    i agree, i like movies to take me away somewhere and delight me, not make me feel sick and scared. my husband loves gorey movies, i just can't stand them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Hugo as well, amazing movie! It would be indeed very strange if you haven't seen a movie and go watch one for the first time now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for this list, I'm going to see some of these soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel exactly the same, I was fascinated by all these films (although I haven't seen Hugo yet, I can't wait to see!) However, I think some horror films, like The Shining & ghost stories like The Lady in Black have some great sets too... I will actually sit through them just to admire them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah I love all these movies! They're all so dreamy! I remember when I was still quite young (maybe 5 and we got a TV, and I saw a movie for the first time,it was pretty cool, but well I was in that age where all new things are quite amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i viewed all youre blog, you have beautiful soul.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohmygosh, pan's labyrinth messed me up! it was so beautiful, but i could not get through it! still need to see hugo and a couple of others on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete