27 February 2012

Stay childish

You will find more happiness growing down than up.  
~Author Unknown
In every real man a child is hidden that wants to play.  
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Happy is he who still loves something he loved in the nursery:  He has not been broken in two by time; he is not two men, but one, and he has saved not only his soul but his life.  
~G.K. Chesterton
The great man is he who does not lose his child's-heart.  
~Mencius, Book IV
Every child is an artist.  The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.  
~Pablo Picasso
When you're green you're growing, and when you're ripe you start to rot.  
~Ray Kroc
The end of childhood is when things cease to astonish us.  When the world seems familiar, when one has got used to existence, one has become an adult.  
~Eugene Ionesco
It is a happy talent to know how to play.  
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
A man is getting old when he walks around a puddle instead of through it.  
~R.C. Ferguson
The opposite of play is not work.  It's depression.  
~Brian Sutton-Smith (play theorist, 1924-)


  1. I think its quite hard to stay Inside child in our society, most people is pushing that we must grow up and be serious, and stop dreaming and start working, its hard to find this middle way, but its possible, some people are very lucky and find it.

  2. But you always have to take an extra look at the people who ask you to stop dreaming, do you want to be like them? Do you like their lifestyle? Just because they stopped being childish doesn't mean you do. But at the same time, it's genetic too. Some grow up really fast. Some grow up really slow.
    The most important thing is to know how to use this childish mind in your job, if you can make a career out of it, it's ok! What worries adults is that dreamers never make anything of themselves, but this is always the case :)

  3. wonderful thoughts, these have uplifted me this morning…I will try to remember to be like a child today.

  4. These statements become more and more important to me as I get older. I see people in my family who had kids young and are "adults" now. Having kids doesn't make you old, but some people seem to think its time to lose your child-like attitude and become complacent and boring. Not me!


  5. Haha, that's the right attitude Vanessa! I actually think that I will simply become even more like a child when I get kids, then I'll finally have someone to be super dorky around :)

  6. this is perfect, and its just the way i have commited to live my life. NEVER losing the spark of being a kid. 24 years in, and i've succeeded so far and it has made me really happy