21 November 2011

Project BRAIDS(?)



I've been thinking a lot about braids lately. Isn't it weird how a lot of girls think that they need help when making braids on themselves? And so many girls don't even know how to make fishtails... or dutch braids. And all the braid books out there are like from the 80s and the hairdos look like old women styles.
Isn't it time for a young fresh book about all the different braids? I'm starting to think that I might just be capable at photographing, illustrating and writing a book like that. It would be a superfun project. Or does it seem fun now and then half way in it'll get tedious?
Huh huh...I'll have to think about it!

10 comments:

  1. oh, uli, please do that! i love braids but i never find good examples on the internet, they're all quite grandma style as you said. i sometimes wear a dutch braid from my right forehead to my left ear and people at school keep asking "oh my god, did you make it yourself? how long does it take??" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! People in school are always amazed and everyone is convinced that making complicated braids on yourself is NOT POSSIBLE. But it is and I'd like to welcome more braided ladies to the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit i am still among those who find it too difficult, and i always need a help from my friend,
    so i would really love to see such project, braids are just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ja! <3 fantastisk idé

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love a book like that! And i braid my hair everyday, same boring braid... need new ideas really!

    Beautiful pics Uli! Love your horses too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Svala, I'm glad that there are people interested :) I think there would be a market for a book like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, that's great idea. I would buy a book like that, specially if you would make it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. And your hair is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd buy that book! :)

    ReplyDelete