16 September 2011

SCHOOL, behind the scenes


A few of you have asked what I do when I don't blog. Well, like any kid I go to school! I somehow ended up at the bachelor program for Industrial Design in Lund, which isn't ideal for a character like myself, but I would like to think that I'll be able to use my designknowledge in my future career. So I thought I would give you a little sneak peak of were I'm at. In this first picture I'm at my desk... lucky me - got a window seat :)
We had a day full of presentations so this was a golden opportunity for me to draw on my illustrations. It takes such a long time to do all the details so it's great to get it done while people present.

And if I'm really lucky I get one picture done and can start sketching on a new one. Lady fox with cat-lions will be seen soon.

I sneaked into the 2nd year students workrooms and found them working really hard. After I took this picture I discovered that there was a guy sleeping on the floor behind this guy.

Some of the chairs people have made for our current project. We had to transform this ugly plastic chair to fit a subculture. The one on the right with an owl on is mine (duh). I can't really say that anyone managed to get it looking good. This chair is and will always be ugly.

And here we have a shot from the workshop. My little owl had a nose job and that big blob on the right is a bear in the making. I can't seem to find time to finish him.

I finally have my own powertool! This little dremel helps me make all the details on my wooden things. When I use this I usually have a mask on as well (since it get's really dusty) and everyone keeps saying I look like a dentist, especially with the little drilling sound coming from the powertool.

10 comments:

  1. ihihihihi...va fiiint att fa se lite av allt pa din skola....jag har ju fasicken aldrig varit dar!! puss <3 fran mig, Lea, Abe&Albert. Vi vantar pa att du ska komma o halsa pa igen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a railway track outside the window?! Looks like it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, no it might seem like a railway, but it's a wooden "sealing"

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, so cool you've got a dremel! i got one a few weeks ago and i'm so in love with it :) haven't tried it on wood though... but with soap stone it's a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. När jag sitter å pluggar blir jag alltid glad när jag ser att du gjort ett inlägg på bloggen :) Gillar mest din stol, utan tvekan! De andra ser mest ut som trädgårds stolar med saker fastlimmade på :S hoppas lärarna inte är en pain in the as. Kramar

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool! nice to see at work. you are pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your chair!!!

    What a wonderful post!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. så nice att se! Så du bor i skåne? skulle du ha lust att träffas någon gång och fika? vi skulle kunna utbyta erfarenheter och inspiration. jag gillar din blogg:) /Emilia

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, what an amazing place for design !!!

    ReplyDelete