09 September 2010

Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott

Photographs by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott

Hellooo??? How can I possibly have missed out on the two fabulous fashion photographers Mart Alas and Marcus Piggott? I thought I knew everyone! I'm always bragging when I open a fashion magazine, I take a glance at one picture and say for instance "Oooeh that is like soo Carl Bengtsson, I just know it, look at the colors". But now I opened the book "NEW ORNAMENTAL TYPE" by Steven Heller and Gail Anderson and found a completely wonderful photograph and I said to the people next to me: "this is the most perfect photograph I've seen!". The picture I was referring to is the top photo to the right. Not in very good resolution here though.
It seems however that these two guys don't even have a website yet. What!? That's embarrassing. Just like most photographers who work for national geographic don't have the time to make one either. But hello!! You know you can pay people to do this? I don't think they know. Someone should tell them.
Or maybe they're all like "oooew, but I have to design my oooown website, I can't just let some duuude do it". And true, most web designers(dudes) don't have any taste and the ones who do want cash(so they can buy milk and feed their kids). Ehhh, such crap struggle. Just keep it simple! That's how I thought with my site, Flora Hanitijo was my inspiration.
Anyway, check Mert and Marcus out on the net, and hope for their homepage to get finished soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment